When you first start using Clearview Social, you may notice that our software is split into two sections—"User Controls", and Admin Controls.
Admins can have the ability to create and manage Users, Groups, Queues, and Company Pages, which is quite a bit of power! For larger teams, or teams that want more control over what Admins are able to do within the software, we offer Admin Permissions.
Manage Groups and Permissions
When you are ready to start editing and granting permissions to Admins, you can access this feature in the Manage Groups section. When you create a new group (or edit an existing one) you will see the following available permissions:
Note: Any checkmarks checked here will give every Admin in this group these permissions.
More information can be found in the Organizing Users With Groups article.
These permissions cover the following Admin abilities:
- Create Queues – If you want to segment Admins into those that manage Queues and those that manage other features of the software.
- Approve Queues – If you want a specific Group to proofread or make final edits to a Queue before sending.
- Add content to Queues – If you wish to limit the number of Users that can add content to a Queue before approval.
- Send Queues to anyone – With great power, comes great responsibility. Only enable this if you intend to email everyone on your team!
- Manage Groups – This will grant Admins the ability to set Group Permissions. This is the highest tier of responsibility, meant for your Power Administrators!
- Set a Primary Admin - This will allow you to designate one of your teammates as the primary person who will be in charge of delivering queues to your company or firm.
- Hide Admin Controls (except "Queue Builder") - If you want to make things simple, this will do just what it says it does.
When you build a Queue, you must select recipients.
If you have permissions to send Queues to Everyone, then you may select that option. You will also be able to select Groups (and Virtual Assistant Groups) for any Groups to which you are permitted sending Queues.
You may edit Queues that are being drafted to send to any Groups for which you have permissions.
Queueing to the Company Page
If you are allowed to send Queues to a Company Page, you may select them as a Queue Recipient as well:
Any current Admins may create a new User, however they may only add a new User to Groups for which they have permissions.
Introducing Admin Permissions to Your Team
Admin Permissions will fundamentally change the way current Admins use the software, and we want to give folks the time to get used to this new feature! To help introduce permissions we are creating a new Power Administrators group for each team, which will give all current Admins full permissions to the software. Primary Admins for your team should take the opportunity to create additional Groups to restrict specific access where needed, and add Admins to those Groups after removing them from Power Administrators.
Adding New Groups
When you are adding a new Group to the software, by default that Group will not be able to receive Queues. You will also not be able to add a User to that Group from the User Management page. To send Queues or add Users to a new Group, you must first add the relevant permissions to an existing Group from the Manage Groups page. If you’ve kept your Power Administrators Group in the software, this is a great place to add them:
Once the new Group has been added to Admin Permissions, they are now available to receive Queues:
Additional Troubleshooting Tips and FAQs
I added a new User, but they aren't able to create any Queues?
- New Admins by default have very limited permissions and are unable to create Queues. If you want them to inherit full Administrator permissions, add them to the Power Administrators group when you create them.
- Please note that if you are needing access to our Role Based Access Controls feature, this feature is only available in our Enterprise tier. You can learn more about our pricing here: Clearview Pricing: Feature FAQ
Want to see this in action? We have prepared a video about this topic:
Any Further Questions?
If there is anything else we can assist you with, you can contact Clearview Social Support either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Intercom chat button in the bottom right of the site.