The recommended image sizes for LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter change often and we want to keep you up to date. The current recommended size that will best accommodate all 3 social media sites is: 736x385 (an aspect ratio of 1.91:1) and is currently the default for cropping and resizing images in our software.
Many screens now use retina-style image density for displaying screens. Because of these higher resolution screens, we now resize to dimensions that are 1.5x the display size on social networks. For many cases this will mean higher fidelity, higher resolution images that are posted to your social networks!
(sample photo, cropped to recommended defaults)
You can also upload, preview, and crop images per-network when creating shares. Based on the different ways an image may be viewed on these social platforms, we now implement the following per-network crop sizes:
- Facebook: 800 x 418 - 1.5x resolution at 1.91:1 aspect ratio
- Twitter: 682 x 341 - 1.5x resolution at 2:1 aspect ratio
- LinkedIn: 736 x 385 - 1.5x resolution at 1.91:1 aspect ratio
(sample photo being cropped for Twitter)
Below are more specific images size guidelines you should follow:
- Photos under the networks minimum dimensions will be scaled up. For better results, increase image resolution at the same scale as the minimum size.
- For LinkedIn, the recommended image file size should not exceed 100 kilobytes (KB). Images above this file size are more likely to be compressed, and noticeable artifacts can be seen in the image.
- Twitter is unique in that it uses a 2:1 aspect ratio for displaying its cards. In most cases, this will not affect photos cropped at the default dimensions. However, if you use the default dimensions there will be a very small amount of the image cropped from the far left and right sides. Try to avoid images where key text or elements are on the far sides if you are sharing to Twitter.
Any Further Questions?
If there is anything else we can assist you with, you can contact Clearview Social Support either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Intercom chat button in the bottom right of the site.